As a result of the continued reduced flight and passenger activity related to the COVID-19 crisis, Boarding Area A has been closed since April 1, 2020. Based on review of current flight operations, we are able to accommodate all International passenger and cargo operations at Boarding Area G gates (G1-G14). At this time, the closure of Boarding Area A gates (A1-A15) to passenger flights will be extended through August 2, 2020.
Construction activities related to the passenger boarding bridge replacement and baggage screening system projects will continue during this closure. We will continue to monitor flight activity weekly and will be able to open select Boarding Area A gates within a 2-week notice if operations require.
The following Boarding Area A adjacent facilities will remain open:
- SFO Medical Clinic
- Grand Hyatt at SFO
- International Parking Garage A
Airport Duty Managers are available to support your daily needs and can be reached directly at
650.821.5222. Should you need specific assistance, please reach out to:
- International Operations – Ed Barnes, SFOTEC at 650.821.0401
- Permits and Facilities – Javad Hadizadeh, Aviation Management at 650.821.4525
- CBP, TSA Checkpoint, Terminal Systems and Construction – Eva Cheong, Airport Services at 650.821.5221
- Airside and Aviation Security Services – Ralf Ruckelshausen, Safety, Security and Airside Services at 650.821.5048.