Open Enrollment 2020 Is Now Open!
San Francisco Health Service System invites you to learn about your benefits and make your elections during Open Enrollment for 2021 Plan Year, which begins on October 1, 2020 and ends on October 30, 2020, 5:00pm, PST. Our offices are closed to the public due to COVID-19, but we have many resources to help guide you through your benefit elections.
All active City and County of San Francisco and Superior Court of San Francisco employees can now enroll online with eBenefits. eBenefits offers a convenient way to make Health Plan and Flexible Spending Account elections for you and your dependents. Directions for accessing the eBenefits portal can be found below.
This year, we will be hosting 6 Virtual Health Fair webinars throughout October to ensure you are informed about your benefits safely. Our first Medical Plans webinar for Active Employees takes place TODAY at 12:00pm. Links to save any of our Virtual Health Fair webinars to your calendar are below.
During Open Enrollment, you'll be able to:
- Add/change your Medical and Dental plan
- Add or drop dependents from coverage
- Drop ineligible dependents without penalty
Active City and County of SF and Superior Court of SF employees can:
- Enroll or re-enroll in Health Care or Child Care Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Enroll in Voluntary Benefits
Voluntary Benefits are administered by our partner, WORKTERRA. You can learn about how they provide financial protection and services designed to help safeguard you and your family at one of their webinars listed below. SFHSS members receive group discounted rates on a wide-spectrum of plans including:
- The Hartford Group Term Life Insurance
- Kansas City Life Short-Term Disability Insurance
- MetLife Accident Insurance
- MetLife Critical Illness Insurance
- Pets Best Insurance
- Allstate Identity Protection
- LegalShield Legal Plan
By now, you should have the Open Enrollment 2021 Booklet or it will arrive in your mailbox soon. You can also visit sfhss.org/oe2021 to learn about your 2021 benefits and rates.
If you need assistance with open enrollment, new hire or retirement enrollment, you can call SFHSS at (628) 652-4700. Due to COVID-19, our offices are closed to the public, but our Benefits Analysts are answering calls:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00am to 12:00pm and 1:00pm to 5:00pm.
- Thursday from 10:00am to 12:00pm and 1:00pm to 5:00pm.
If you cannot use eBenefits, you can fax your forms and supporting documentation to (628) 652-4701 or mail them to 1145 Market Street, 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105.