SFO and the Airport community are experiencing unprecedented times. In order to comply with Federal, CDC, City and County and Airport directions for social distancing and reduced exposure Airfield Operations will immediately cease operating any in person training classes. New testing procedures are posted below. This is a temporary measure to help keep our Staff and Tenants safe. At this time all classes will be suspend through Sunday, July 12, 2020. Should this change an announcement will be sent to all Authorized Signatories and posted on this page.
This current policy will only apply to badge endorsement renewals for badges expiring prior to August 1, 2020.
New Procedures for Corrective Driver Training:
- Corrective Driver training is a mandated course for employees who have received a driving infraction citation.
- This course has been offered once a month on the 2nd Tuesday.
- Classes for the months of May and June have been cancelled. The next available class date is Tuesday July 14th.
- There will be no penalty or badge revocation associated to delayed attendance through July.
New Procedures to obtain a Movement Area Operator “M” endorsement:
- All new and renewal endorsements will need to successfully complete two (2) free online training courses: AOPA Mastering Radio Communications – Say It Right and AOPA Runway Safety
- These courses must be completed within 30 days of your endorsement request. A completion certificate with the employees name will be required to request the “M” endorsement.
- A company Authorized Signatory or recognized Trainer will then need to submit a MAO request online via the below link. All fields will to accurately be completed and three (3) attachments will be required for the request.
- Once requested the form and attachments will be reviewed by authorized staff and an Approval or Denial email will be sent.
- If approved the employee needing the endorsement will be able to continue through the normal Security Access Office (SAO) badging protocols. SAO staff will be able to electronically verify “M” approval; you will not need to bring any forms to the SAO.
Any questions regarding the above training should be sent via email to SFO139Training@flysfo.com.